Frequently Asked Questions


Am I eligible to study at the College if I am from outside NSW?

The Aboriginal Health College has affiliates in other states who often offer the same courses that we do. Sometimes we offer courses in partnership with our affiliates. We encourage you to contact our affiliates as a first port of call in your state or territory. Where a course is not offered in your state or territory we can provide education on a Fee-for-Service basis as we are generally not funded for interstate participants. If studying at Cert III or Cert IV level you will also need to cover your travel and accomodation cost. However, if you are studying at diploma level or higher, you may be eligible for the Abstudy Away from Base allowance to cover travel costs. As this is a complex area with no uniform answer, please contact us directly for further information.

Does the College provide me with meals?

Yes, we provide lunch every day.  If you are staying at The Travelodge Sydney, you are provided with dinner and breakfast everyday.

Where is the College located?

In Little Bay which is approximately 30 mins east of Sydney CBD

Download Directions

View in Google maps

Can you cater for me if I have special dietary requirements?

Yes, please ensure you include this on your enrolment form.

Does the College have wheelchair access?

Yes, we have a ramp at the main entrance & a disabled carpark on the lower ground floor.  We also have wheelchair access toilets and showers on every floor.

If I miss the bus, how do I get to the College?

It is your responsibility to make your way to the College if you have missed the bus.  You can take either a cab or public transport. 

Click here for public transport information, directions and map

Approximate cost of a cab from the Travelodge Sydney is $40.00 

What time does the day start and finish?

Teaching commences at 9am and finishes at 4pm everyday except on a Friday when students finish after lunch at 12/12.30pm.