Course Catalogue: Eye Care
This course focuses on the key skill and knowledge requirements for Eye Care Co-ordinators or Aboriginal Health Workers involved in running and/or co-ordinating Eye Clinics. Successful completion leads to a Statement of Attainment – The Eye Care Competency Cluster covers 4 units of competence from the recently endorsed Aboriginal Health Worker qualifications.
Who should enrol for this course?
Enrolment within this course will focus on recruiting students from the following in order:
- New and existing Aboriginal Health Workers working as Eye Care Co-ordinator’s or conducting Eye Clinics
- Students needing to gain an Eye Care qualification or whom have an interest or need to study in the area
Units of Competency
The competencies aligned to this Competency Cluster are:
- HLTAHW304A Undertake basic health assessments
- HLTAHW305A Plan and implement basic health care
- HLTAHW417A Provide information and strategies in eye healt
- HLTAHW403A Plan and implement health care in a primary health care context
Nominal course hours : 200 hours
Expected face to face hours
70 hours plus site visits and potential online/teleconference connection.