Course Catalogue: Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is designed to provide the Aboriginal Health College key workplace assessors, trainers and coaches and other associated personnel within Aboriginal health and related services with the competence to work as instructors, assessors and coaches.
It equips graduates with a range of training and assessment skills including: preparing and presenting training sessions; developing training programs; coaching; mentoring: one on one training; evaluating and assessing participants to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved. The course comprises 10 units packaged as 7 core units plus 3 elective units.
Who should enrol for this course?
This qualification is designed for those already competent in their existing job role who intend to be involved in delivering training and assessment for the Aboriginal Health College in their workplace or region or who may be engaged as sessional Trainers and Assessors.
It may also be available to other groups and individuals depending on need, demand and Aboriginal Health College capacity.
Units of Competency
Listed below are the 7 core units that are required for this qualification from the Strategic Management domain in the Business Services Training Package:
- TAEASS401A Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402A Assess competence
- TAEASS403A Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
3 electives are required. The Electives chosen for delivery are from the Delivery and Facilitation stream and Assessment stream: An extra unit has been added from the management stream – BSBMGT403A Implement Continuous Improvement. This unit is optional but completion is encouraged as the competency is central to good practice in educational design delivery and assessment:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404A Mentor in the workplace
- TAEASS301A Contribute to assessment
- BSBMGT403A Implement continuous improvement
These electives can be replaced by other electives through Recognition that meet the eligibility criteria for use within the specific Training Package Guidelines.
Nominal course hours: 305 hours